Jan Jaromir Aleksiun
Born in 1940 in Nowa Wilejka. He graduated from the Department of Ceramic and Glass Design at the Academy of Fine Arts in Wrocław (diploma in the studio of Stanisław Dawski) in 1966. In the Martial law he took part in independent culture movement organizing exhibitions under the patronage of the Church. He specializes in painting, workshop graphic, drawing, and poster. One of the leading artists and founders of the Wrocław School of Poster (together with J. Czerniawski, J. Sawka, E. Get-Stankiewicz).